Monday Morning Aural Sex
Monday Apr 26, 2021
2021-04-26 (Vantablack & Neon Edition Vol. 4)
Monday Apr 26, 2021
Monday Apr 26, 2021
But a-fucking-las, the show must go on! Emo-muthafuckin’-clew to the 4th volume of the Vantablack & Neon Edition on Monday Morning Aural fuckin’ Sex! That said, yes, I am indeed profoundly exhausted. I’ve been running on 4ish hours of sleep for the past 16 because I’m a dumb, stupid idiot who’s dumb and stupid. Nah, I just didn’t prepare properly. That shit kinda comes and goes, ya know? My dedication to puttin’ out this podcast might feel like torture sometimes, but I still think it’s worth the effort.
Any-fuckin’-way, enough of all that shit. “What the backwards goose fuck is Vantablack & Neon supposed to be?”, the uninitiated might ask. Simply, goth, industrial and synthwave music. Less simply, it’s all variations of those three general genres. I hear lots of stuff in common between it all, and you likely will too if ya just sit the fuck down and give it a chance! Gosh golly-gee willickers! What? I dunno. I’m tired, bitch; don’t judge me.
Let us discuss the tune-age, shall we?
1. If you think any of this stuff doesn’t fit the theme, well, feel free to tell me about it so long as you’re polite about it. If you’re incapable of civility, well, I’m sure there are many disease-ridden moose balls you can suck somewhere out there. I don’t have the disease-ridden moose ball tracker either, so you’re on your own there.
2. With all these duo-theme editions, I always try to alternate between A- and B-type stuff track by track, but sometimes I over-compile and there’s more of one than the other. I could just delete whatever throws it off balance, but that would mean depriving myself and all y’all of some delectable fucktacularity. Who the fuck do you think I am? You think I’d do that to you, dearest perverts? Hell-to-the-fuck-no. So, ya know what? Asymmetry can be tolerable, and ya may have to just tolerate it. Plenty of chaos like that in the universe. Either that, or you could turn off the podcast, and maybe catch up with the moose ball suckers from #1. Don’t let me stand in your way.
3. As I also frequently do, I did attempt to arrange the playlist in that magnetic poetry sort of fashion. Some of the tracks relate to each other in title, lyrics, tonality, or some other way, but some don’t have much or any relation to speak of. So, if you’re listening to the podcast and you feel a sort of flow, that’s me tweakin’ shit for an hour or so behind the fuckin’ scenes. See how good I am to you? No need to tickle my testes to express your gratitude, I just want y’all to yojne.
4. As far as the new/old status of the tracks, well, some are returning favorites from past V&N editions, some are classics that haven’t yet made an appearance on the V&N editions, but most are brand spankin’ new, even to me. We’re all in for some delicious treats this week.
5. As you may recall, I said last week I wasn’t sure if there were any notable distinctions between retrowave and synthwave. Well, I finally fuckin’ looked it up! Turns out, nah, they’re pretty much synonymous. Outrun is another name for both of those, but supposedly that tends to have more video-game-style synths and tends to be purely instrumental. Know what else I just learned about that’s supposedly been a thing for a number of years now? “Fashwave…” a portmanteau of fascist and wave, and is supposedly some white-supremacist, alt-right version of “vaporwave.” Let me tell ya, I already don’t understand vaporwave. Maybe I’m getting old, but holy shit, I just don’t get the point of it. Maybe I just haven’t heard anything in the genre that appeals to me yet. All I know is I delved into it for a few hours one night, and I actually felt compelled to dig myself back up and out of the rabbit hole rather than farther down in.
So, “fashwave,” eh? You can eat my asswave. Don’t forgetwave to caresswave my nutswave, and handywave my pulsatingwave prickwave. You’ve chosen the political ideology of some of the biggest losers in human history, and one day, just like them, you will lose. It’s funny, your so-called replacement theory is almost a self-fulfilling prophecy. I’d love so much to see you all disappear from existence forever so the rest of us can get some fuckin’ shit done around here, but I know there are much greater enemies who pull your strings. You’re a bunch of pitiful little puppets, and you might go your whole lives never realizing that. Truly pitiful.
Any-fuckin’-way, 6. Track 17 is by a group called Einstürzende Neubauten. Let’s say it together: Ein-shtur-zenda Noy-bowten. I’ll be happy to remind you of that if ever you forget. To be frank, I’m likely not even pronouncing it as well as a native German speaker, but since I’m not one, you’re stuck with me and mine until you find one your damn selves. Anyway, that group is fucking phenomenal. Do yourselves an enormous favor and look into them. Try to find some live footage and just admire the spectacle. If you’re similarly as inquisitive as I, you’ll probably love it. The first time they reeled me in, I was laying in my bed reading a book while a playlist of them and Skinny Puppy was playing. When Halber Mensch came on, fuck, I thought I’d died and was at the gates of hell. That song is haunting as 10 fucks in a canoe built for one. Highly, highly recommended.
7. Watch out for the fun-ass funkwave or whatever-the-fuck-wave that is the Revival track by Van Derand. New discovery of mine, and it’s danceable as fuck. I mean, most anything is danceable if ya try hard enough. That is if ya can stop bein’ such a damn neurotic ninny long enough to embrace the absurdity of life and all its impermanence, to let the music move that fuckin’ pile of flesh you’re piloting, to bask in the downright miraculous mystery of music itself and its myriad effects on the mind… You get the idea.
8. The Trevor Something track called The Ghost, wow. Minimalistic as fuck, but really quite satisfying nonetheless. I know I have a broad-ass palette, but give it a whirl. Y’all can skip it and run screaming back to your comfort zones if you’re uncomfortable with anything you don’t already know, but good lord, that seems like a boring-ass way to squander a life.
9. Nope, no fuckin’ 9 here either. Never any nines! Nein nines!
10. Because fuck my entire fuckin’ life, bud. No, 10 is a shoutout to the lovely and talented proprietor of Penny Wigs, Ms. Amanda Tea, for showing me Kælan Mikla and Houses of Heaven. Yojne those tracks, and be sure to hit up Penny Wigs on Etsy for all your Vantablack and Neon style hair accessories, because eventually this pandemic will get under control, and there will be reasons to dress up again. Don’t want to be caught with your pants down when that happens, or maybe you do. That does sound like fun.
And with that, we now commence ze yojne…
01 Ministry - Just One Fix (V.E.) (from Just One Fix) [00:05:07]
02 Extra Terra - Neural Link (from Neural Link) [00:09:26]
03 Anti-Mechanism - Ready To Detonate (from The Ending Swallows Us Whole…) [00:12:44]
04 Olexandr Ignatov - Take Off (from Take Off) [00:17:01]
05 Nine Inch Nails - Into The Void (from The Fragile (Right)) [00:20:48]
06 Rogue VHS - Nighthawk (from Nighthawk) [00:25:36]
07 Damn Whøre - Vantablack (from Pure Salope) [00:29:26]
08 Xryo - Neon Dreams (from Neon Dreams) [00:32:53]
09 SWARM - Throw Me In The Fire (from Throw Me In The Fire) [00:36:19]
10 Van Derand - Revival (from Revival) [00:39:50]
11 KMFDM - D.I.Y. (from Adios) [00:44:36]
12 Signal Void - Stasis (from Stasis) [00:49:23]
13 Skinny Puppy - Love in Vein (from Last Rights) [00:53:44]
14 YOUTH 83, Tima - Unfold (from Unfold) [00:59:16]
15 3TEETH - Lights Out (feat. Ho99o9) (from Lights Out) [01:02:59]
16 The Midnight, Timecop1983 - River of Darkness (from Nocturnal) [01:07:09]
17 Einstürzende Neubauten - Seele Brennt (from Halber Mensch) [01:13:09]
18 Tonebox - Nocturn (from Nocturn) [01:17:03]
19 Nostalghia - God Be You (from God Be You) [01:22:38]
20 Toxxify - Ruined System (from Dark Future) [01:27:18]
21 Psyclon Nine - Flesh Harvest (from Crwn Thy Frnicatr) [01:30:41]
22 Carpenter Brut - Disco Zombi Italia (from TRILOGY) [01:34:58]
23 My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - The Days Of Swine & Roses (from Confessions Of A Knife (Remastered)) [01:40:13]
24 Void Stare - Neuromancer's Call (from Neuromancer’s Call) [01:46:12]
25 Dulce Liquido - Pissed Off (from Shock Therapy) [01:51:05]
26 Deathpact - ID (CloZee Remix) (from ID (CloZee Remix)) [01:56:42]
27 Ministry - Supermanic Soul (from Dark Side of the Spoon) [02:00:15]
28 Moonrunner83, Megan McDuffee - Streets (from Streets (Deluxe Edition)) [02:03:28]
29 Panzer Ag - Battlefield (from This Is My Battlefield) [02:07:34]
30 Kælan Mikla - Næturblóm (from Nótt eftir nótt) [02:12:29]
31 SWARM, Sentinel Complex, Man Ov God - Make It Out Alive (from Make It Out Alive) [02:16:30]
32 Signal Void - Find You (feat. King Protea) (from Find You) [02:19:43]
33 KMFDM - Juke-Joint Jezebel (Metropolis) (from Juke-Joint Jezebel: The Giorgio Moroder Mixes) [02:23:34]
34 Ollie Wride, Sunglasses Kid - Stranger Love (from Stranger Love) [02:28:50]
35 Rammstein - Du Riechst So Gut (from Herzeleid) [02:34:34]
36 Fury Weekend - Automatic Love (feat. Essenger) (from Automatic Love (feat. Essenger)) [02:39:21]
37 Nostalghia - Cool For Chaos (from Cool For Chaos EP) [02:43:18]
38 Annie - In Heaven (from Dark Hearts) [02:47:50]
39 Houses of Heaven - In Soft Confusion (from Silent Places) [02:51:27]
40 Gunship - Art3mis & Parzival (feat. Stella Le Page) (from Dark All Day) [02:54:35]
41 :wumpscut: - Turns Off Pain (Recommended Version) (from Dried Blood of Gomorrha) [02:59:14]
42 Amphibious Assault - By Any Other Name (from Simulacrima) [03:05:10]
43 Genitorturers - Lecher Bitch (from Flesh Is The Law) [03:08:58]
44 Trevor Something - The Ghost (from The Ghost) [03:13:11]
45 Nine Inch Nails - Terrible Lie (from Pretty Hate Machine) [03:17:06]
46 World Complete - Synthétique (from Synthétique) [03:21:41]
47 Combichrist - Not My Enemy (from Not My Enemy) [03:26:21]
48 Shadowrunner, Primo - Sunrise (from Sunrise) [03:30:58]
49 kidneythieves - Zerøspace (from Zerøspace) [03:35:39]
50 VHS Dreams - Holon (The 4th Dimension) (from Lost World) [03:39:28]
51 Gabriel and the Apocalypse - pointTHREE (TIMELINES Remix) (from pointTHREE (TIMELINES Remix)) [03:46:58]
52 The Evening - Told Ya (from Told Ya) [03:50:02]
53 Молчат Дома - Судно (Борис Рыжий) (from Этажи) [03:53:31]
54 Saint Mars, Tryzdin - Ocean Blues (Droid Bishop Remix) (from Ocean Blues (Droid Bishop Remix)) [03:55:50]
55 KillMatriarch - Monotone (from Order through Chaos) [04:00:45]
56 Vogel - Night City (from Hologram) [04:03:50]
57 Hammershøi - Hammershøi assassiné (from Cathédrales) [04:09:26]
58 NyxTheShield - Vantablack (from Glitchtale: Do Or Die OST) [04:13:32]
59 D'Abyss - Drive or Die (from Drive or Die) [04:18:27]
60 LukHash, Meredith Bull - Dying Breath (from Dying Breath) [04:22:45]
61 Hocico - Our Death (from haTe neVer dieS (tHe celebratIon)) [04:27:03]
62 OSC - The Ride Home (from Girls on Bikes) [04:32:25]
63 Teargas & Plateglass - One Day Across the Valley (from Black Triage) [04:36:03]
64 Rogue VHS - Pale Blue (from Pale Blue) [04:41:38]
65 Mushroomhead - Embrace the Ending (from Savior Sorrow) [04:46:38]
Monday Apr 19, 2021
2021-04-19 (Send Newds Edition Vol. 4)
Monday Apr 19, 2021
Monday Apr 19, 2021
Fuck’s up the what, pervarios and pervuigis?! Emo-to-the-muthafuckin’-clew to the Send Newds Edition Vol. 4! Just like last week, this is just some new shit I’ve found within the past week or so. Got a lot of contributions this week, actually. I’ll be shouting those out specifically a little later. Also, about half of these tracks are leftover from the previous week. I thought about just making another 5 hr podcast, but it would’ve taken me significantly longer, and I did urgently need sleep for a doctor’s appointment I had later that day. I’m sure y’all grudge-holdin’-ass-muthafuckas can forgive me for that, right? Right.
Anyway, let’s discuss what we’ll be hearing this week:
1. Right from the start, the first track is a call back to a previous random new shit edition I did called the Spread Love Edition. Fantastic podcast right there, in case ya haven’t heard it yet. I’m biased, of course, but I also happen to be correct. “BuT hOw CaN aN oPiNiOn Be CoRrEcT?” Because even though our rights have been quietly disappearing into the midnight tar of our plutocratic corporatocracy over the past 40 years, there’s one right no one can take from you, and that’s the right to be wrong. Feel free to eat whichever dirtiest set of genitals you least prefer. Anyway, in doing this call back, I wondered if I ought to do another Spread Love Edition, and I dunno. I think it stands well enough on its own, and spreading love ought to be every day, not just occasionally.
2. Shoutout to my roommate Josh for showing me Toxxify and D’Abyss this week. Some sexy-ass synthwave right there, you’ll see, or hear. Shoutout to my great buddy Al for the prog rock/metal phenomenons that are Animals As Leaders and Chon. Shoutout to my other great friend Shy for the Giraffes? Giraffes! track around the halfway point, as well as the Save Us from the Archon track near the end. More astounding-ass prog tracks right there, and the Giraffes! track has an obnoxiously long and hilarious title. Check it out: I Am S/H(Im)E[R] As You Am S/H(Im)E[R] As You Are Me and We Am I and I Are All Our Together: Our Collective Consciousness' Psychogenic Fugue. How could you not want to immediately figure out what the fuck who was smoking on that jam?
3. This is more like a 2.5 than a 3, but whatever. If any of you listening out there ever wants to send me tracks, I’m always eagerly looking for cool shit, and my tastes are far broader than even this podcast encompasses. For example, I’ve never done an all classical or opera edition, much to y’alls delight, no doubt. I do really love both of those, though. I’ve been to numerous operas over the years, and I’ve enjoyed myself almost every time. So yeah, don’t be shy about showing me stuff. The worst I’d likely ever say is that it isn’t for me. Unless you’re trolling me by sending me some white power music or some shit, then you can go fuck yourself. Truly, you probably need a good fuckin’ if you’d waste your time like that.
4. Let’s get the genre list together, shall we? We’ve got yup, more liquid, soulful pop, retro/synthwave (still unsure whether there any notable distinctions between those, or if they’re basically synonymous), deathcore, synthwave but with dubstep-ish elements (perhaps synthstep? I don’t fuckin’ know), riddim (which for those out of the know is basically just hard, headbangin’ sort of dubstep), a jazzy glitchstep fusion (which, wow, what a combo), a punky jungle jam (which, again, wow), hip-hop, death metal, a little brostep kind of as a nostalgic nod to times of lesser knowledge of the genre, liquid synthwave (yup, I found more of it, and it’s fuckin’ sexy!), Pussy Riot (because I have no fuckin’ idea how you could classify those fantastic women), melodic dubstep, dark synthwave (which might as well just be called industrial, for fuck’s sake, but whatever), a couple tracks that are semi-witch-house-esque but with some chillstep elements (hopefully someone out there can classify them better than I just attempted to), prog rock/metal, progressive trance, a sort of lounge americana with The Real Tuesday Weld tracks, another surprisingly rockin’ track from Twiztid, fuckin’ cabaret pop (I honestly don’t even fuckin’ know, haha)… Do you see that preposterous-ass fucking run-on sentence there? That’s how much fucktacularity I crammed in this motherfucker. All I can feel is pity for ya if ya don’t partake.
5. Few words specifically here about certain tracks. The Carnifex track called Dead Bodies Everywhere is indeed a KoRn cover, and it’s pretty sweet. I feel like KoRn covers are pretty rare, I dunno. As far as KoRn themselves go, well, I liked them up to a point, and I kinda just gradually lost interest. Who knows? Maybe I can revitalize it if I give the later stuff more of a shot.
6. The track by Whales called Too Weird, wow. I felt those lyrics hard. I’ve felt like that, and been made to feel like that so often through my romantic history. That’s why I joke about being too much. Sometimes I think some people dated me for the novelty of someone like me, or for the idea, but didn’t know what to do with the reality of me after a while, so the affection just faded. I dunno, shit’s largely a mystery to me since closure’s always been quite an elusive luxury. Anyway, I hope y’all enjoy it as much as I did, do and will.
7. Surely by now at least one of you has caught me talkin’ about SWARM and him being the truth. Well, no SWARM tracks this week. However, the artist SIERRA was one of the recommendations from SWARM’s Spotify page, so expect some SWARM-y stuff there.
8. That aforementioned lounge americana group called The Real Tuesday Weld? Well, as far as I know, that’s not their only sound. I first found them through an animated video of theirs on YouTube for Bathtime in Clerkenwell. It’s an upbeat, 30’s-style-jazzy scat track. No, not a poop track. I mean scat like rhythmic gibberish. Anyway, yeah, that track was played over the credits of one of the early Weeds episodes. If you enjoy their tracks I’ve included this week, take a look at that video if possible. It’s a lot of fun.
9. Nine starts with the letter N. Know what else starts with the letter N? Nope! No nine!
10. …fuck you, Me. And also, yojne!
01 Makoto - Spread Love (feat. Pete Simpson) (Full Length Mix) (from Spread Love / Contact) [00:04:55]
02 Wilkinson - Take You Higher (Montell2099 Remix) (from Take You Higher (Montell2099 Remix)) [00:11:48]
03 AG - Trouble Don't (feat. Rey) (from Trouble Don’t) [00:15:54]
04 Toxxify - Dark Future (from Dark Future) [00:18:19]
05 Icreatedamonster - Snake In The Garden (Special Edition) [feat. Misstiq] (from Snake In The Garden (Special Edition) [feat. Misstiq]) [00:22:05]
06 Sublab - Hyper Focus (from Hyper Focus) [00:26:26]
07 Lamb of God - Hyperthermic / Accelerate (from Lamb of God (Deluxe Version)) [00:29:52]
08 Extra Terra - The Sentinel (from The Sentinel) [00:33:54]
09 Terravita, Bare - Aim To Kill (Awertnex Remix) (from Aim To Kill (Awertnex Remix)) [00:37:04]
10 Erra - Gungrave (from ERRA) [00:40:51]
11 SoDown, Bass Physics - Pull The Trigger (from Pull The Trigger) [00:44:44]
12 Point Break Candy, Raney Shockne - Hole In The Sun (feat. COS & Conway) [From Cyberpunk 2077] (from Hole In The Sun (feat. COS & Conway) [From Cyberpunk 2077]) [00:47:16]
13 Merkules - Homicide (feat. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony) (from Homicide) [00:50:41]
14 Carnifex - Dead Bodies Everywhere (from Dead Bodies Everywhere) [00:54:49]
15 D'Abyss - Dead or Alive (from Dead or Alive) [00:59:18]
16 Doctor P - Get Money (from Get Money) [01:05:02]
17 Snavs - Less (Snavs VIP) (from Opal (Remixes)) [01:07:58]
18 CRT_HEAD - Overcharge (from Power Up) [01:11:07]
19 meganeko - Velocity (from Nascens) [01:14:20]
20 Siiickbrain - Power (feat. Pussy Riot) (from Power (feat. Pussy Riot)) [01:21:17]
21 Whales - Too Weird (feat. Kini Solana) (from Pelagios) [01:24:12]
22 SIERRA - Unbroken (from Gone) [01:27:15]
23 Ennja - Sleepless (from Sleepless) [01:30:19]
24 Animals As Leaders - Physical Education (from The Joy of Motion) [01:34:01]
25 Dr. Ozi, Chime, Trinergy - Motion (from Motion) [01:38:35]
26 Giraffes? Giraffes! - I Am S/H(Im)E[R] As You Am S/H(Im)E[R] As You Are Me and We Am I and I Are All Our Together: Our Collective Consciousness' Psychogenic Fugue (from More Skin With Milk-Mouth) [01:42:14]
27 Trifonic - Nightrun (Comaduster Remix) (from Nightrun (Comaduster Remix)) [01:51:42]
28 B-complex - Girl With Flower (from Girl With Flower) [01:56:39]
29 Champagne Drip, Eko Zu, Kraddy, KillWill - Like a Feather (Champagne Drip Remix) (from Like a Feather (Champagne Drip Remix)) [02:03:03]
30 Night Lovell - Bottom Top (from Bottom Top) [02:07:16]
31 Vbdx, 侍 Samurai - Black Bird (from Black Bird) [02:09:08]
32 Born Of Osiris - White Nile (from White Nile) [02:12:22]
33 Rob Scallon, Nick Pierce - MudHook (from MudHook) [02:16:07]
34 Hot Noizes, Historus - Texas (from Texas) [02:18:43]
35 Jacknife, The Bloody Beetroots - Jericho (from Jericho) [02:26:05]
36 Chon - Fall (from Grow) [02:29:08]
37 The Real Tuesday Weld - Blood Knuckled and Dusted (feat. Oriana Curls) (from Blood Knuckled and Dusted) [02:32:43]
38 Kung Fu Vampire, Bukshot - Don't Get Beat Up (K-Oddic Future Mix) (from Don't Get Beat Up (K-Oddic Future Mix)) [02:36:43]
39 Twiztid - Perfect Problem (from Perfect Problem) [02:39:57]
40 VCTMS - New Face // Same Loneliness (from New Face // Same Loneliness) [02:43:37]
41 Melanie Martinez - Carousel (from Cry Baby (Deluxe)) [02:47:24]
42 Jauz - Oceans & Galaxies (feat. HALIENE) (from Oceans & Galaxies) [02:51:10]
43 MitiS - Follow You (feat. Rico & Miella) (from Lost) [02:54:24]
44 Idun Nicoline - Lost Without You (Boxplot Remix) (from Lost Without You (Boxplot Remix)) [02:58:18]
45 DNMO, The Arcturians - Without You Near (from Without You Near) [03:02:43]
46 Jeremy Vancaulart - Hurt (feat. Danyka Nadeau) (Millennial Remix) (from Hurt (Millenial Remix)) [03:06:08]
47 Save Us from the Archon - I. You Don't Recall Our House Near the Ocean (from Thereafter) [03:09:47]
48 The Real Tuesday Weld - (Still) Terminally Ambivalent Over You (from I, Lucifer) [03:15:28]
49 Scattle - Shooting Star (from XYCLE (Original Game Soundtrack)) [03:18:33]
Monday Apr 12, 2021
2021-04-12 (Send Newds Edition Vol. 3)
Monday Apr 12, 2021
Monday Apr 12, 2021
Up the fuck what’s, pervarinos and pervalitties?! Emo-muthafuckin’-clew to another muthafuckin’ Monday and another Monday Morning Aural Sex! This week… we’ve got… yup, another Send Newds Edition! Vol. 3, to be specific. No idea if any of y’all enjoy these new shit compilations I make, but obviously, I fuckin’ yojne every molecule of fuck out of ‘em. They’re made by me, like, hello?! I figure if you trust my taste at all, you ought to give these editions a whirl. Like I say, you can always skip ahead this track or that track if they happen to twist your tender taste nips too hard, or perhaps tickle your mental genitals too ruminatively.
For those uninitiated, this is just a compilation of new tracks I’ve found over the past week. Not sure about y’all, but doing whatever I can to expand my horizons has been a greatly fulfilling purpose for my life. I don’t get too bogged down in notions of purpose, except that which you define for yourself, but learning new things is certainly a great one, in my opinion. This podcast is part of that effort, but as I’ve said in previous editions, it doesn’t matter whether you listen to any of these at all. It only matters that you lead fulfilling lives, and for your sakes, I hope you never lose the fire of curiosity that’s inside all of us. I hope you’re frequently learning new things as an integral part of living your most fulfilling lives.
Any-fuckin’-way, I’ma cut the hippie shit now so we can get on with this. Befo’ we do though, I gots some miscellaneous shit to say:
1. Shoutout to my roommate Josh who pointed out the Gnarkill track, and for being a good sport listening through a number of bad and mediocre tracks with me along the way to this finalized compilation. Also for telling me about Brendon Small. I’ve been a fan of Metalocalypse for years, but I only just last week listened to his solo stuff on Spotify. Guess I’m not as big a fan as I should be or should have been, ‘cause his solo stuff is fuckin’ mondo cool, and you’re about to find out for yourselves.
2. Serj Tankian has a new EP, and it’s pretty sweet! I’m making the assumption here that y’all know who he is. I’m not even gonna state it, so y’all can either listen through the rest of this confused, or you can fuckin’ Google him. Anyway, yeah, got two tracks from that this week, so keep your ears peeled, or something.
3. I’m not really sure how to classify Mr. Bill’s music, but it’s certainly interesting. Got two tracks from his recent release, “Slapnea,” on here this week. I’ve been enjoying just about everything I’ve heard from him (or her, because who the fuck knows?). It’s some sort of electronic music, but it’s honestly kinda genre-defying. Anyway, look out for those ‘cause you might yojne them as much as I do.
4. The GWAR song is… without Oderus. It makes me so sad knowing he’s gone, but there is something of a tribute to him in the lyrics, so at least there’s that. I’m not sure if that’s some incarnation of Beefcake the Mighty singing on there or whomever it is who replaced Oderus, but the song’s pretty cool even though it’s different. It’ll never be the same GWAR without Oderus, but whatever different thing it becomes could be pretty cool too. I’ll have to listen to more of it and see for myself.
5. Shoutout to any guitar music aficionados listening out there. That aforementioned Brendon Small track is there for ya along with the GoGo Penguin track, the Marcin (something I can’t pronounce) track which is indeed a cover of Led Zeppelin’s classic, “Kashmir,” and the one done by Enter The Animus & Berried Alive. Good lord, some sheer virtuosity crammed in those jams.
6. There’s a good amount of trance, liquid, dubstep and j-core in this edition. I didn’t aim for that, but it came up on my Release Radar on Spotify, so there ya go. Lotta really beautiful melodies in all that stuff, so yojne if you can hang with beautiful melodies.
7. While we’re on the subject of genres, let’s at least attempt to list what we’ve got in store for us this week, shall we? Let’s see, we’ve got liquid, metal, rock, deathcore, horrorcore, underground hip-hop, Armenian rock, melodic dubstep, the aforementioned inscrutable fuckin’ electronic music, acoustic rock, IDM with guitars, bedroom pop, trance, guitar virtuoso music, chillout trance, j-core, R&B, house, funk, modern classical, chipcore (if that’s even a thing), hardcore hip-hop, glitchstep or whatever-the-fuck, I mean goddamn… the genre party goes on and fuckin’ on.
8. SWARM? Yeah, SWARM’s the fuckin’ truth! I fuckin’ told y’all, and I’ll tell y’all a million fuckin’ times if I need to! Either that or until ya can’t fuckin’ stand me anymore and stab me in the throat, whichever comes first.
9. Rest in power to DMX… I think the song I’ve included this week might be the last song he ever recorded, but I imagine we may see some posthumously released stuff at some point; perhaps stuff leftover from previous albums’ sessions. I don’t know if anyone’s conflicted over DMX’s death since he supposedly did a lot of bad stuff in his life. I don’t know all the details, but I know he struggled a lot with drugs, and that’s a struggle I know. He made a lot of great music and inspired many of the artists I love today, so even though the person DMX may have been far from perfect, the music is still the soundtrack to lots of good memories for me.
10. Nope! No more fuckin’ yammering! Let us now yojne!
01 DMX - X Moves (feat. Bootsy Collins, Steve Howe & Ian Paice) (from X Moves) [00:03:55]
02 REDALiCE - SHAKE! (from SHAKE!) [00:07:16]
03 Gnarkill - I Got Erection! (from GNARKILL) [00:09:45]
04 Pharoahe Monch, Buckwild, DJ Revolution - Get Down (from Get Down) [00:11:41]
05 Micah Scale - Get 'em Started (feat. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony) (from Get ‘em Started) [00:15:19]
06 Deathpact - SONG SIX (from SPLIT // PERSONALITY) [00:20:34]
07 1788-L - Human Machine (from Parallel: S) [00:25:23]
08 MDK, meganeko - Supercharge (from Supercharge) [00:28:56]
09 Tones, Diabolic, Stoupe - Me > You (from Me > You) [00:33:28]
10 Maduk - Poison (feat. Gid Sedgwick) (from Poison / Bringing Me Down) [00:35:41]
11 Alla Xul Elu - Alternate Dimension (feat. Blaze Ya Dead Homie) (from Alternate Dimension) [00:40:05]
12 Brendon Small - My Name Is Murder (from Galaktikon II: Become the Storm) [00:44:04]
13 Blitz Union - Plastic (Zardonic Remix) (from Plastic (Zardonic Remix)) [00:47:19]
14 Kev Masih, Truth - Sunshine (from Sunshine) [00:51:22]
15 Gwar - Fuck This Place (Acoustic) (from Fuck This Place (Acoustic)) [00:54:34]
16 SWARM - Throw Me In The Fire (from Throw Me In The Fire) [00:57:22]
17 Dirt Monkey, TYNAN - Blaze (from Blaze) [01:00:52]
18 ILLtemper, King Gordy, Donnie Menace - The Devils Defects (from The Devils Defects) [01:05:06]
19 Enter The Animus, Berried Alive - Unbearable (from Unbearable) [01:09:07]
20 Ekoh - C.R.E.A.M. (Clout Rules Everything Around Me) (from C.R.E.A.M. (Clout Rules Everything Around Me)) [01:12:39]
21 Serj Tankian - Your Mom (from Elasticity) [01:16:11]
22 Lia Rose, Son Of Nun, Tom Morello - Must Be Undone (from Must Be Undone) [01:19:23]
23 August Burns Red - Icarus (from Icarus) [01:23:39]
24 Mr. Bill - Sopor (from Slapnea) [01:27:16]
25 Marcin Patrzałek - Kashmir (from Kashmir) [01:30:11]
26 Same Vibe, Tarro - Spaceship (from Spaceship) [01:32:54]
27 York, Grooveprofessor - Relax (from La Maison De L’Elephant) [01:40:43]
28 Balmorhea - Nos (from The Wind) [01:45:58]
29 Serj Tankian - Electric Yerevan (from Elasticity) [01:47:15]
30 Millenial Trash, Ace Aura - Noddin' 2 (from The Noddin’ Remixes No One Asked For) [01:50:58]
31 Lex the Hex Master - Thriller (from Thriller) [01:54:20]
32 Crossfaith - RedZone (from RedZone) [01:57:33]
33 iSorin - Alcyone (from Alcyone) [02:01:18]
34 Keeno - I Wonder (feat. Ellie Madison) (Whiney Remix) (from I Wonder (Whiney Remix)) [02:05:22]
35 Mr. Bill - Hypnogogia (from Slapnea) [02:09:29]
36 Tomahawk - Predators and Scavengers (from Tonic Immobility) [02:14:02]
37 GoGo Penguin - F Maj Pixie (Squarepusher Remix) (from F Maj Pixie (Squarepusher Remix)) [02:16:56]
38 Zeds Dead - i think you're cool (feat. Jenna Pemkowski) (from Catching Z’s) [02:23:14]
39 Somna - Secret (feat. HALIENE) (Chillout Mix) (from Secret) [02:26:44]
40 VCTMS - The Words 'Best Friend' Become Redefined (from The Words 'Best Friend' Become Redefined) [02:30:21]
41 Pixel Terror, ESPER, Isaiah Brown - Medusa (from Medusa) [02:33:44]
42 Andy Moor - Safe On Both Sides (Extended Mix) (from Safe On Both Sides) [02:37:48]
43 Raleigh Ritchie, Elsa y Elmar - STFU (Duet Version) (from STFU (Duet Version)) [02:45:21]
44 PsoGnar - Traitor (from Traitor) [02:49:10]
45 GXD - Sail (feat. Elle Vee) (ReOrder Extended Remix) (from Sail (ReOrder Remix)) [02:53:51]
46 MitiS - Without Me (feat. Danni Carra) (from Lost) [02:59:09]
47 Trivecta - Ghost in the Machine (from Ghost in the Machine) [03:03:31]
48 Serhat Durmus - My Feelings (feat. Georgia Ku) (from My Feelings) [03:07:50]
49 Jason Ross, Blanke - One More Day (feat. Chandler Leighton) (from One More Day (feat. Chandler Leighton)) [03:11:09]
50 Leah Rye, Emba, Telomic - Silver Lining (from Silver Lining) [03:15:35]
51 Craig Connelly - Keep Me Believing (feat. Megan McDuffee) (Extended Mix) (from Keep Me Believing) [03:20:25]
52 Dimension - Lord's Prayer (feat. Liam Bailey) (from Organ) [03:28:10]
53 dj-Jo - Last Theater (feat. Chris Logan) (Remix) (from Last Theater (Remix)) [03:33:21]
Monday Apr 05, 2021
2021-04-05 (Flashback Edition: 2012-03-19 (Sunny Rae Memorial Edition))
Monday Apr 05, 2021
Monday Apr 05, 2021
Reposting this old edition for two reasons:
1. I don't even remember removing it, and of all the podcasts I've ever done, this is one of the most worthwhile.
2. To just let anyone curious know that it I am still working on the conversation recordings. It's been difficult lately to make the time due to myriad circumstances, not least of which being it being extremely emotionally draining. I promise that I will get it finished, but it's excruciating torment every step of the way. This was a love that very nearly drove me insane, like, to the point I was losing my grip on reality like grains of sand through shaking hands.
Anyway, yeah, I will get that stuff done as soon as I'm able. I'm already a little over half-way through as it is. Also, in the intro of this edition, you'll hear & see me call it the "Emo Weepfest," Edition. I don't know why I did that instead of just calling it what I'm calling it now, what it always should've been called. My only guess is that it was some awkward & grotesque evasion due to so often feeling ashamed of my emotions; feeling unwelcome to speak about how something made me feel; feeling like such vulnerability from me would only be met with aggressive defensiveness, or just ignored altogether. Sometimes it was abusive significant others, other times it was my societal environment and the toxic masculinity bullshit. Doesn't excuse it; it's just an attempt at some sort of explanation.
Anyway, this is the first memorial edition I made for her. I made a second one a year later that's around 2 hours longer. Frankly though, there are tracks included on almost every single podcast I've ever made (to this day) that remind me of her in some way. While that might seem maudlin, unhealthy, etc. just know that we used to speak extensively about music, what we like, what we seek, what fulfills us. Music was a love language for us. To this day, I frequently find all sorts of new tracks that I know she would enjoy, and one of the best ways I know of to honor someone's memory is to enjoy such things twofold in the wake of their absence. She remains a driving force in me to pursue my passions, and a seemingly infinite source of inspiration. There are so many lessons we can all learn from our individual experiences of Sunny, but only if we're receptive and/or perceptive enough to learn them. Easier said than done, I know, but it's still true. Honoring her memory seems to be a continuous, lifelong process for those of us who loved her.
Anyway, I've yammered on long enough. Yojne this edition as much as reasonably possible.
Good morning perverts! Welcome to another Monday Morning Aural Sex. First off, I need to warn you that this is a memorial podcast that I'm appropriately titling the Emo Weepfest Edition, because it's filled with a lot of preeeetty depressing music. And I won't be talking much beyond this intro. Frankly, I wouldn't blame you if you passed on this one and waited until next week when the music will be happier overall. But, you know, this music is out there whether we choose to listen to it or not. Music like this, it really opens us up if we let it. But yeah, I felt the need to give you that fair warning.
Anyway, I imagine everyone listening has at least a few songs they revisit when they're down. Well, yesterday marks one year since a dear friend, a woman I was honored with the chance to love, shot herself. All these songs have something to do with her directly, figuratively or were just songs that made me think of her. I'm sure you'll recognize a few of them. Some of them might be really difficult to listen to, but that's why I've named this one the Emo Weepfest, ya know? This one's gonna be rough, but sometimes it's healthy to get those emotions out; to keep them from festering, and sometimes you come out of it feeling really refreshed.
I hope whatever's feasibly best can come from this does. I hope you enjoy it, my darling music perverts. I love you all very much.
01 00111111 - 06-22-08 (from An Extraordinary Love)
02 00111111 - Black Hole Sun (Onyx Star Arrangement w/ Guitar) (from An Extraordinary Love)
03 Emilie Autumn - Thank God I'm Pretty (from Opheliac)
04 Kidney Thieves - Pretty (from Trickster)
05 Poloroid - So Damn Beautiful (from Nip/Tuck OST)
06 Sunny Day Real Estate - Seven (from Diary)
07 The Postal Service - This Place Is A Prison (from Give Up)
08 Kidney Thieves - Creature (from Trickster)
09 VNV Nation - Illusion (from Judgement)
10 Nujabes - Reflection Eternal (from Modal Soul)
11 KnowSleep - Forgiveness (Interlude) (from Sunny's CD Mix (Disc 1))
12 Mazzy Star - Fade Into You (from So Tonight That I Might See)
13 Bim - The Magic Of Us (from Bim)
14 Massive Attack - Teardrop (Like An Onyx Star Edit) (from An Extraordinary Love)
15 Mr. Sam feat. Rami - Surrender (John Palmer's The Sweetest Thing Remix) (from Angels Chill Trance Essentials Vol. 1 (Disc 1))
16 BT - Good Morning Kaia (from This Binary Universe)
17 Barenaked Ladies - Hidden Sun (from Monitor This! December 2000/January 2001)
18 Slipknot - Snuff (from All Hope Is Gone)
19 Twiztid - All The Rest (from Heartbroken And Homicidal)
20 Kittie - This Too Shall Pass (from Funeral For Yesterday)
21 Free Dominguez - Silver Line (from .Unearth.)
22 cKy - Close Yet Far (from Infiltrate.Destroy.Rebuild)
23 Atmosphere - Guarantees (from Sunny's CD Mix (Disc 2))
24 Sage Francis - Keep Moving (from Human The Death Dance)
25 Henry Rollins - Accident (from Nights Behind The Tree Line)
26 Free Dominguez - That Day (from .Unearth.)
27 Johnette Napolitano - Suicide Note (from Underworld OST)
28 The Captains Intangible - Any Other Way (from Diary of the Dead OST)
29 Brand New - You Won't Know (from The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me)
30 Marilyn Manson - Coma Black: a) Eden Eye, b) The Apple of Dischord (from Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death))
31 Marilyn Manson - Count To Six And Die (The Vacuum of Infinite Space Encompassing) (from Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death))
32 Dinah Washington - This Bitter Earth (from Shutter Island OST (Disc 2))
33 The Red Paintings - Mad World (from Walls)
34 Berry Weight - Sky Below (feat. Astrid Engberg) (from Music For Imaginary Movies)
35 00111111 - You Still Own The Air (from An Extraordinary Love)
36 BT - See You On The Other Side (from This Binary Universe)
37 Tool - Forty-Six & 2 (from Ænima)
38 Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (from Wish You Were Here)
39 Bob Marley - No Woman No Cry (from Sunny's CD Mix (Disc 1))