Fuck’s up the what, pervarios and pervuigis?! Emo-to-the-muthafuckin’-clew to the Send Newds Edition Vol. 4! Just like last week, this is just some new shit I’ve found within the past week or so. Got a lot of contributions this week, actually. I’ll be shouting those out specifically a little later. Also, about half of these tracks are leftover from the previous week. I thought about just making another 5 hr podcast, but it would’ve taken me significantly longer, and I did urgently need sleep for a doctor’s appointment I had later that day. I’m sure y’all grudge-holdin’-ass-muthafuckas can forgive me for that, right? Right.
Anyway, let’s discuss what we’ll be hearing this week:
1. Right from the start, the first track is a call back to a previous random new shit edition I did called the Spread Love Edition. Fantastic podcast right there, in case ya haven’t heard it yet. I’m biased, of course, but I also happen to be correct. “BuT hOw CaN aN oPiNiOn Be CoRrEcT?” Because even though our rights have been quietly disappearing into the midnight tar of our plutocratic corporatocracy over the past 40 years, there’s one right no one can take from you, and that’s the right to be wrong. Feel free to eat whichever dirtiest set of genitals you least prefer. Anyway, in doing this call back, I wondered if I ought to do another Spread Love Edition, and I dunno. I think it stands well enough on its own, and spreading love ought to be every day, not just occasionally.
2. Shoutout to my roommate Josh for showing me Toxxify and D’Abyss this week. Some sexy-ass synthwave right there, you’ll see, or hear. Shoutout to my great buddy Al for the prog rock/metal phenomenons that are Animals As Leaders and Chon. Shoutout to my other great friend Shy for the Giraffes? Giraffes! track around the halfway point, as well as the Save Us from the Archon track near the end. More astounding-ass prog tracks right there, and the Giraffes! track has an obnoxiously long and hilarious title. Check it out: I Am S/H(Im)E[R] As You Am S/H(Im)E[R] As You Are Me and We Am I and I Are All Our Together: Our Collective Consciousness' Psychogenic Fugue. How could you not want to immediately figure out what the fuck who was smoking on that jam?
3. This is more like a 2.5 than a 3, but whatever. If any of you listening out there ever wants to send me tracks, I’m always eagerly looking for cool shit, and my tastes are far broader than even this podcast encompasses. For example, I’ve never done an all classical or opera edition, much to y’alls delight, no doubt. I do really love both of those, though. I’ve been to numerous operas over the years, and I’ve enjoyed myself almost every time. So yeah, don’t be shy about showing me stuff. The worst I’d likely ever say is that it isn’t for me. Unless you’re trolling me by sending me some white power music or some shit, then you can go fuck yourself. Truly, you probably need a good fuckin’ if you’d waste your time like that.
4. Let’s get the genre list together, shall we? We’ve got yup, more liquid, soulful pop, retro/synthwave (still unsure whether there any notable distinctions between those, or if they’re basically synonymous), deathcore, synthwave but with dubstep-ish elements (perhaps synthstep? I don’t fuckin’ know), riddim (which for those out of the know is basically just hard, headbangin’ sort of dubstep), a jazzy glitchstep fusion (which, wow, what a combo), a punky jungle jam (which, again, wow), hip-hop, death metal, a little brostep kind of as a nostalgic nod to times of lesser knowledge of the genre, liquid synthwave (yup, I found more of it, and it’s fuckin’ sexy!), Pussy Riot (because I have no fuckin’ idea how you could classify those fantastic women), melodic dubstep, dark synthwave (which might as well just be called industrial, for fuck’s sake, but whatever), a couple tracks that are semi-witch-house-esque but with some chillstep elements (hopefully someone out there can classify them better than I just attempted to), prog rock/metal, progressive trance, a sort of lounge americana with The Real Tuesday Weld tracks, another surprisingly rockin’ track from Twiztid, fuckin’ cabaret pop (I honestly don’t even fuckin’ know, haha)… Do you see that preposterous-ass fucking run-on sentence there? That’s how much fucktacularity I crammed in this motherfucker. All I can feel is pity for ya if ya don’t partake.
5. Few words specifically here about certain tracks. The Carnifex track called Dead Bodies Everywhere is indeed a KoRn cover, and it’s pretty sweet. I feel like KoRn covers are pretty rare, I dunno. As far as KoRn themselves go, well, I liked them up to a point, and I kinda just gradually lost interest. Who knows? Maybe I can revitalize it if I give the later stuff more of a shot.
6. The track by Whales called Too Weird, wow. I felt those lyrics hard. I’ve felt like that, and been made to feel like that so often through my romantic history. That’s why I joke about being too much. Sometimes I think some people dated me for the novelty of someone like me, or for the idea, but didn’t know what to do with the reality of me after a while, so the affection just faded. I dunno, shit’s largely a mystery to me since closure’s always been quite an elusive luxury. Anyway, I hope y’all enjoy it as much as I did, do and will.
7. Surely by now at least one of you has caught me talkin’ about SWARM and him being the truth. Well, no SWARM tracks this week. However, the artist SIERRA was one of the recommendations from SWARM’s Spotify page, so expect some SWARM-y stuff there.
8. That aforementioned lounge americana group called The Real Tuesday Weld? Well, as far as I know, that’s not their only sound. I first found them through an animated video of theirs on YouTube for Bathtime in Clerkenwell. It’s an upbeat, 30’s-style-jazzy scat track. No, not a poop track. I mean scat like rhythmic gibberish. Anyway, yeah, that track was played over the credits of one of the early Weeds episodes. If you enjoy their tracks I’ve included this week, take a look at that video if possible. It’s a lot of fun.
9. Nine starts with the letter N. Know what else starts with the letter N? Nope! No nine!
10. …fuck you, Me. And also, yojne!
01 Makoto - Spread Love (feat. Pete Simpson) (Full Length Mix) (from Spread Love / Contact) [00:04:55]
02 Wilkinson - Take You Higher (Montell2099 Remix) (from Take You Higher (Montell2099 Remix)) [00:11:48]
07 Lamb of God - Hyperthermic / Accelerate (from Lamb of God (Deluxe Version)) [00:29:52]
08 Extra Terra - The Sentinel (from The Sentinel) [00:33:54]
09 Terravita, Bare - Aim To Kill (Awertnex Remix) (from Aim To Kill (Awertnex Remix)) [00:37:04]
10 Erra - Gungrave (from ERRA) [00:40:51]
11 SoDown, Bass Physics - Pull The Trigger (from Pull The Trigger) [00:44:44]
12 Point Break Candy, Raney Shockne - Hole In The Sun (feat. COS & Conway) [From Cyberpunk 2077] (from Hole In The Sun (feat. COS & Conway) [From Cyberpunk 2077]) [00:47:16]
13 Merkules - Homicide (feat. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony) (from Homicide) [00:50:41]
14 Carnifex - Dead Bodies Everywhere (from Dead Bodies Everywhere) [00:54:49]
15 D'Abyss - Dead or Alive (from Dead or Alive) [00:59:18]
16 Doctor P - Get Money (from Get Money) [01:05:02]
17 Snavs - Less (Snavs VIP) (from Opal (Remixes)) [01:07:58]
18 CRT_HEAD - Overcharge (from Power Up) [01:11:07]
19 meganeko - Velocity (from Nascens) [01:14:20]
20 Siiickbrain - Power (feat. Pussy Riot) (from Power (feat. Pussy Riot)) [01:21:17]
21 Whales - Too Weird (feat. Kini Solana) (from Pelagios) [01:24:12]
22 SIERRA - Unbroken (from Gone) [01:27:15]
23 Ennja - Sleepless (from Sleepless) [01:30:19]
24 Animals As Leaders - Physical Education (from The Joy of Motion) [01:34:01]
25 Dr. Ozi, Chime, Trinergy - Motion (from Motion) [01:38:35]
26 Giraffes? Giraffes! - I Am S/H(Im)E[R] As You Am S/H(Im)E[R] As You Are Me and We Am I and I Are All Our Together: Our Collective Consciousness' Psychogenic Fugue (from More Skin With Milk-Mouth) [01:42:14]