Fuck the up is what, perverinos and pervalitties?! Welcomemoclew to the 5th installment of the Vantablack & Neon Edition of the podcast that keeps your insatiable buttholes guessin’ week-to-week-to-muthafuckin’-week, Monday Morning Aural fuckin’ Sex! Get those goddamn pancakes off the roof, grandma, ‘cause we’ve got almost 4 hours and 20 minutes worth of material here to keep our genitals throbbing. Most of it is brand spankin’-that-monkey-like-a-newborn-baby new, which typically also means the artists are new discoveries for me as well. Some are old favorites like defrag. Lemme tell ya, I’ve actually absolutely loved defrag since 2000 or 2001, but they were calling themselves Defragmentation back then. I’m almost certain it’s the same person, but I honestly know little to nothing about them ‘cause there actually ain’t that much fuckin’ info out there that I’ve ever found, at least. Kinda cool, actually.
Any-fuckin-way, for anyone who might not know, Vantablack & Neon is just goth/industrial/EBM/glitch mixed with synthwave/retrowave/yadda-fuckin’-yaddawave (but absolutely no fuckin’ “fasch-wave…” I don’t even care if that’s how it’s spelled or not because it’s supposedly a somehow pro-fascism style of synthwave, so they can go fuck themselves with a rusty reciprocating saw). The two concepts of Vantablack & Neon alternate back and forth throughout the playlist, so it was more difficult to do any especially meaningful track positioning. There’s a little of that, but you’re much more likely to see that sort of thing from me in an edition that’s all one genre, or just random genres altogether. Don’t get me fuckin’ started on genres right now, or I’ll never fuckin’ get to sleep.
I do want to point out a few notable tracks:
1. The group Miss Construction has got some heavy Combichrist vibes, and I love Combichrist, so there ya fuckin’ go. I actually think Miss Construction may have broken up or something, ‘cause their last release was a while ago, if I recall correctly. Anyway, good stuff nonetheless so be sure to yojne your tits off.
2. SIERRA makin’ a return to the podcast with A Matter of Time! I played a SIERRA track called Unbroken a few months ago saying she sounded similar to SWARM, and this track is no exception. Very dark, very heavy, although this track is more somber in tonality. You’ll hear what I mean if ya give enough of a fuck to listen.
3. Apparently there’s an industrial group called Santa Hates You, and I’m totally here for it. That one’s another new discovery of mine, and hopefully you’ll yojne their track Raise The Devil coming up a little later as much as I did and do.
4. Fuckin’ Velvet Acid Christ, tho?! Shit, yeah, apparently! I feel like I haven’t played his stuff in fuckin’ forever. He’s an old favorite of mine, definitely some great stuff in his catalog, especially Pretty Toy. Great memories of that track.
5. SKYND is a group my friend Casey turned me onto a while ago, possibly a year or so. As far as I can tell, all their tracks are named after murderers or other similarly violent people, or people who met violent ends. Their music videos are quite interesting as well, so plug that name into YouTube sometime and you might agree.
6. I found a 45-hour-long synthwave covers playlist on Spotify and ooooo, I found me some great goodies there. Check the fuck out the cover of Led Zeppelin’s Immigrant Song, the Toys R Us Kids track, the cover of the Doctor Who theme, the Mandalorian theme, Ozzy Osbourne’s I Just Want You, I mean, seriously excellent shit comin’ down the pipe.
7. Another Daft Punk jam because I fuckin’ love them. I don’t give a flying fuck about Get Lucky, but I adore pretty much their entire catalog aside from that. Also, they did the score for one of my favorite futuristic films, TRON: Legacy. Clearly, considering this edition ends with that track, but I digress.
8. I sort of knew about this subgenre of synthwave (which is already itself a subgenre or revitalization of new wave) called “chipwave,” before, but I forget if I ever mentioned it in previous intros. Chipwave is simply a chiptune and synthwave hybrid… What’s chiptune? Ughhh, get with the fuckin’ program, Doris! Chiptune is basically modern retro-style video game music, so you’ve got the monophonic oscillator synth sounds some of us came to love during the NES & SNES era of gaming. It’s fantastic shit, alright? Take my fuckin’ words for it. Anyway, I included a few chipwave tracks, so keep your ears peeled like fuckin’ bananas that are also peeled for those jams.
01 defrag - Entering the Abyss (from Drown) [00:03:24]